Translation, Editing, Proofreading
“When it comes to Asian languages translation, the most important thing is how you say something rather than what you are saying.”
Asian languages & Translation
In the Korean language, even a simple food, for example, rice – can have more than 10 variations of honorifications according to the situation and relationship between the speaker and listener.
And if you start learning about the Japanese language, you will discover that there are 50 different shades of the way you say “no”.
Even if all the words are correctly translated and nothing is missing, if you don’t use the right honorification of one word or miss to choose carefully the right shades, the sentence can get totally different reactions from your audience.
We have the resources, knowledge, and technology to not only translate but also localize into the target language and social context. This makes your message locally relevant, resulting in a more robust impact on your target audience.
That is why we spend our efforts in designing the language to fit your needs by influencing the most crucial steps of the translation.
Dedicated Translation Team
The most essential part of the translation, when it comes to Asian languages is building the right team that has a speciality on the subject or business. In 1-StopAsia, we always build the right team for each end-client or account. Following our motivation to excel we have carefully chosen our translators to be with the necessary of experience, education and background. Along with that we have structured our processes and added quality checks, where needed. These are only a few of the steps we have implemented even before we obtained our ISO certificates. At each step of the TEP process, we have covered the major factors that make a translation good:
- Language Leaders – in 1-StopAsia, each language that we handle, we have one language leader. The language leader’s work is to maintain quality for each language from evaluating candidates, through training new translators, to maintaining style guides, translation memories, and glossaries. In case there are any issues with quality, instead of the original translator or editor, the language leader reviews the jobs and replies to clients.
- Experienced editors are another asset of our company and we always aim to have the best at hand. They have a proven background in translation and work fluently with the CAT tools our clients operate.
- Qualified translators – 100% of our translators have passed our written tests and afterwards pass through our training process to work with the various CAT tools. Along with that each of them has the specific training required by the style guides for each account, which they are going to work with. 80% of our translations are done by our in-house translation teams and the majority of our freelances database comprises of ex-inhouse translators, who have decided to work from home for various reasons like marriage or similar.
- Meticulous proofreaders are the third step of our TEP process and it completely pays-off when it comes to the outcome of a quality translation.
Flexibility in Technology Fitting Your Demand
Fitting client’s expectations and speaking the same language is important but in the translation industry with its various and many software tools speaking the language of the client means working with the same CAT tools and be able to deliver the exact format a client needs.
- Various CAT tools – throughout the years we have made it an important part of our qualities to have teams who work with all CAT tools on the market.
- Translation Management System (TMS) that our client works with is another tool that makes us a flexible partner. If you work with your own management tool for the workload, we can easily adjust to it and fit within your work process.
Quality Assurance team
Quality has always been the main pain point when it comes to translation since forever. As a solution, we have recently implemented a Quality Assurance step within our translation process. At least 10% of our total translations undergo such a check internally. We believe that identifying a potential issue on time is of the essence when it comes to being a professional in the industry.
Here is why to work with 1-StopAsia:
We give you time to take care of your clients
We are a single-stop for all Asian languages
We keep up with your projects’ handover
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
We, at 1-StopAsia, are aware that responsiveness and excellent project management are the essence when working within the translation industry.
If you feel it is time to improve your time-management and pay more attention to your clients, get in contact with our Production Team and check how we can help you achieve it.
Ask us anything you need to know about:
- quotes and pricing
- translations and media services
- Asian languages
Start your new project with us today! All you have to do is fill in the form on the right and get your free quote.