Translation, Editing, Proofreading
“When it comes to Asian languages translation, the most important thing is how you say something rather than what you are saying.”
When we deal with the translation of different Asian languages there are quite a few specifics, which usually make them more demanding than others. Throw into the mix the fact that we aim to be a reliable translation partner exclusively for other LSPs and we’ve got quite a challenge on our hands.
Quality, on-time delivery, and fast turn-around time are no longer the differentiators in business translation services. For a company to be successful nowadays, these are a given, so we’d like to take you on another tour.
Why Asian languages translations are considered demanding?
Let’s take as an example Korean translation – in Korean language, even simple types of food like rice – can have more than 10 variations of honorifications according to the situation and relationship between the speaker and listener.
Moreover, any reliable translator in the Japanese language will explain to you how complicated it is for translation. In Japanese, there are 50 different shades of the way you say “no”.
For the languages with a few levels of honorification even if all the words are correctly translated and nothing is missing, if you don’t use the right tone of one word or miss to choose carefully the right shades, a sentence can get totally different reactions from your audience.
For us translation is personal, so we’ve taken it to hearth to have a dedicated team that works with you at each step of the process and is just a click away.
Dedicated Translation Team
The most essential part of a professional translation, when it comes to Asian languages is building the right team that has a specialty on the subject or business. At 1‑StopAsia, we always build the right team for each end-client or account. At each step of the TEP process, we have covered the major factors that make a translation good:
- Language Leaders (LL) – for each language we handle, we’ve chosen a language leader. This person is there to maintain the quality and workflow. In case there is an issue, instead of the original translator or editor, the language leader is there to take the proper steps and solve it.
- Experienced editors are another asset of our company and we always aim to have a list of editors with a proven background in translation, who work fluently with the CAT tools our clients require.
- Qualified translators – our translators pass written tests and a training process to work with the various CAT tools, style guides for each account, and other specifics. 80% of our translations are done by our in-house translation teams and the majority of our freelances database comprises ex-inhouse translators, who have decided to work from home for various reasons like marriage or similar.
- Proofreaders are the third step of our professional translation service and it completely pays-off when it comes to the quality of a translation.
Flexibility in Technology Fitting Your Demand
Fitting client’s expectations and speaking the same language is important but in the translation industry with its various and many software tools speaking the language of the client means working with the same CAT tools and be able to deliver the exact format a client needs.
- Various CAT tools – throughout the years we have made it an important part of our qualities to have teams who work with all CAT tools on the market.
- Translation Management System (TMS) that our clients work with are one more tool that makes us a flexible partner. If you work with your own management tool for the workload, we can easily adjust to it and fit within your work process.
Quality Assurance Team
Quality has always been the main pain point when it comes to translation since forever. As a solution, we have recently implemented a Quality Assurance step within our translation process. It is in compliance with our ISO 9001/2015 and ISO 17100 certifications, which are already adopted since 2018.
The QA step is applied to at least 10% of our total translations and is an internal step we are committed to performing on a regular basis. We believe that identifying a potential issue on time is of the essence when it comes to being a professional in the industry.
Here is why to work with 1-StopAsia:
We give you time to take care of your clients
We are a single-stop for all Asian languages
We keep up with your projects’ handover
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
We, at 1-StopAsia, are aware that responsiveness and excellent project management are the essence when working within the translation industry.
If you feel it is time to improve your time-management and pay more attention to your clients, get in contact with our Production Team and check how we can help you achieve it.
Ask us anything you need to know about:
- quotes and pricing
- translations and media services
- Asian languages
Start your new project with us today! All you have to do is fill in the form on the right and get your free quote.