Senior Account Manager
Introducing Sirenia, the embodiment of kindness and a stellar leader in our midst. Always radiating warmth, Sirenia is the person you can turn to – never too busy to answer any question, and she never says no. Her unwavering commitment to providing support and guidance makes her a true gem in our team.
Beyond her role as a leader, Sirenia is a proud enthusiast of K-pop culture, adding a vibrant touch to our office dynamics. Her passion for K-pop is not just a personal interest but a reflection of the diverse and colorful world she embraces.
With roots she holds dear, Sirenia is proud of her heritage, infusing a rich tapestry into the fabric of our team. As a leader, she gives her 100%, steering us with dedication and ensuring that each team member feels valued and heard.
In Sirenia, we find not only a leader but a friend who fosters an environment of kindness, cultural appreciation, and commitment. If you’re seeking inspiration and a leader who gives her all, look no further than Sirenia. Let’s celebrate her kindness, cultural pride, and exceptional leadership!
Our blog is dedicated to providing valuable insights and expert knowledge in the realm of Asian language services.
How many languages do you speak? Please write them in a list. Which is your mother tongue?
Spanish is my mother tongue, English, and I am currently learning Chinese.
What is your favorite sport or hobby in your free time? Why is it so? Any interesting stories on it?
I like writing stories and diaries and I get very invested in the characters and arcs, I like creating narratives that mirror things in my life but also others that are completely different. I like drama and stories that deal with family dynamics too and it’s in a way a form of therapy.
Top 3 things we don’t know about you? Might be something funny, quirky or strange 🙂
- I really like Tarot. I have a couple of decks and do readings to others from time to time.
- My name is very similar to the word for mermaid in Spanish, my grandfather, a fisherman, chose it and was very insistent with my parents and got his way. I never met any other person with the same name but fun fact – if you google it the first thing that pops up is a manatee Wikipedia page (apparently they are also called similarly) and a gothic metal band with the name.
- I LOVE cats but never have had the chance to have one and being allergic to them doesn’t help. But I always take the chance to pet them even if means I need to take medications right after.
What was the most surprising thing you learned about Asia while working here?
The many shared festivities and customs they have, although each country has its own way. Also how close to their roots and traditions they seem. I also like how intricate and beautiful their written languages can be.
Favorite book or a book that changed your mindset and why it did?
Not the End: Life Isn’t Over Until It Is Over – Although a bit cheesy for me now, I read this book when I was very young and it definitely shifted my perspective at that time on how to know myself better and stop idealizing just a happy ending and understanding that life truly has never-ending lessons and experiences.
Your most extreme experience so far in your life/biggest challenge in your life?
When the COVID-19 pandemic started, I lost my first formal job after college. I had recently moved into my first non-shared small but cozy one-room apartment, and my parents were no longer supporting me financially. I faced a difficult decision: either return home and start over when the situation improved, or stay put and find work online. I chose the latter and started exploring online jobs and freelancing opportunities. I am proud that I didn’t give up on my goal of becoming financially independent no matter what.
Your top 3 goals in professional life for the next 10 years
- Continuing learning different languages, and also more business management topics to expand my capabilities and proficiency in them.
- To advance within this role and beyond and continue to learn and grow in this industry. There’s a lot to understand and I’m looking forward to keep growing.
- To expand my professional network and get to know a lot of awesome and inspiring people.