We all call him Rado instead of Radoslav and while working with him, one gets used to the music he would choose and imagine being somewhere on a beach in Ibiza rather than in an office. Then comes the rumbling of his laugh while bickering with his fellow APMs, which inevitably lifts your spirit even more.
When work is involved though you’ll notice that he can work under pressure for hours without uttering a word.
We have a confession to make: when Rado is displeased with something it makes us all laugh not with something else but with his utterly charming vocabulary. The truth is he simply can not say a bad word about anyone.
You can dig deeper into his personality with the few questions we asked him below:
Our blog is dedicated to providing valuable insights and expert knowledge in the realm of Asian language services.
How many languages do you speak? Please write them in a list. Which is your mother tongue?
My primary language (mother tongue) is Bulgarian and as a second language, I am fluent in English.
What is your favorite sport or hobby in your free time? Why is it so? Any interesting stories on it?
My passion is billiards – I have been playing it for more than 16 years and it has a very significant role in my life. With that many years behind my back, I must confess that I have a lot of experience and a couple of trophies won. It is understandable that I’ve got quite a few interesting stories related to it, however, I’ll let you know a secret of mine right now: when I was in the Junior division I actually won every single tournament in Bulgaria for one year in a row without a single loss! That achievement is a record itself but … no one knows about it 😀
Top 3 things we don’t know about you? Might be something funny, quirky or strange 🙂
- Food is every guy’s favorite thing 🙂 and mine happens to be spicy food. I love it!
- I work with more than 50 tabs open at the same time. Not sure if this qualifies for multitasking or quirky 🙂
- Another secret I am going to share: believe it or not, I am very shy, but I am a master at hiding it.
What was the most surprising thing you learned about Asia while working here?
That a lot of the people there work on Saturdays too…
Favorite book or a book that changed your mindset and why it did?
The book I keep re-reading is “The Secret” by Ronda Byrne – every single time I discover a different nuance of the world around me and very simply said: it gives me strength.
Your most extreme experience so far in your life/biggest challenge in your life?
Some time ago, I was climbing a waterfall, which is extreme on its own but then I had the “luck” to get stuck on a particularly technical spot. Usually, that is no big deal but the 2 instructors we had were about 5-6 meters away from me, so no one could really help me. I am pretty sure that someone was watching over me that day. Not sure if this was God, or whoever is Up there, but He saw me and gave me a push up, so I was able to save myself. It was very scary and at the same time a thrilling experience.
Your top 3 goals in professional life for the next 10 years
- To become so good at my profession as an Account Project Manager that there won’t be a thing to surprise me, which considering the dynamic pace our industry has is quite a challenge.
- With my passion for billiards, I want to open and hold the best place for billiards and darts in Bulgaria and I know in my heart exactly how it will look.
- I promise that when this last one becomes a reality, I’ll share the secret with you: I want to make my money work for me, while… drumroll… I am sleeping!