Junior Account/Project Manager
Meet Evgeni, our dynamic and positive colleague who thrives on challenges, determined to prove that greatness knows no bounds, even with limited experience. Ever ready to assist customers with a can-do attitude, Evgeni embodies the spirit of proactive support.
His diverse background, ranging from working with children to spinning tunes as a club DJ, is evident in his seamless communication style. Evgeni effortlessly connects with both clients and team members, drawing from a wealth of experiences that contribute to his versatility.
Fun fact: He drinks his gin with soda, not tonic 😉 This quirk reflects his distinctive taste and attention to detail. We’re delighted to have Evgeni as part of our team, bringing his enthusiasm, adaptability, and unique experiences to the forefront.
Our blog is dedicated to providing valuable insights and expert knowledge in the realm of Asian language services.
How many languages do you speak? Please write them in a list. Which is your mother tongue?
My mother tongue is Bulgarian and I am fluent in English.
What is your favorite sport or hobby in your free time? Why is it so? Any interesting stories on it?
I am a fan of football and volleyball. On my days off I like outdoor activities, visiting my parents in the countryside, and having a walk with my dog. Recently I tried kayaking and I found it very interesting and would like to continue doing it in the future.
Top 3 things we don’t know about you? Might be something funny, quirky or strange 🙂
- I used to be allergic to cats until 8 months ago. Then I met my partner in crime, who was living with 3 of them – Simon, Mozart, and Suzi. We started living together and my allergy magically disappeared, even the vet has no explanation for how this happened. Two months ago we adopted one kitty – Kira Yukimura (named after an Asian character in a TV series) and now I am a proud father of 4 cats 🙂
- I used to work as a club DJ from 2015 to 2021 under the stage name Kalitrax. I have performed as a resident and guest DJ for different clubs and bars in Bulgaria in collaboration with many different artists. If you are interested in that kind of music you can listen to some of my recorded mixes here
- I was a kid entertainer for more than 2 years. I have worked with kids from 4 continents and more than 20 nationalities (4-12 years old). This was a really big challenge for me, but very funny and satisfying
What was the most surprising thing you learned about Asia while working here?
The variety and diversity of languages spoken around Asia. The cultural difference between Europe and Asia is also very outstanding. It is my dream to visit Asia and learn more about the traditions, culture, food, etc.
Favorite book or a book that changed your mindset and why it did?
“Emotional intelligence” by Daniel Goleman
Your most extreme experience so far in your life/biggest challenge in your life?
I can say moving to work in different cities from a young age and living on my own. This helped me become more responsible and independent.
Your top 3 goals in professional life for the next 10 years
- To gain more experience in the Translation industry
- To find the best balance between personal life and work
- Start a small family business, which can be inherited by my kids in the future