Our blog is dedicated to providing valuable insights and expert knowledge in the realm of Asian language services.
How many languages do you speak? Please write them in a list. Which is your mother tongue?
Chinese is my mother tongue and my second language is Korean. I’m familiar with Japanese as well.
What is your favorite sport or hobby in your free time? Why is it so? Any interesting stories on it?
My favorite sports are swimming and skiing. I still remember the speed and passion I felt the first time I went skiing. I really enjoy swimming, you know, that feeling of freedom and all.
Top 3 things we don’t know about you? Might be something funny, quirky or strange 🙂
- I have an impressive collection of mismatched socks, and I’ve never bothered to pair them up
- Every time I followed the cooking recipes I looked up on the internet, the dishes were a success and I realized that I had a hidden talent for cooking!
- When it comes to Tangsuyuk sauce, I prefer to dip it rather than pour it
What was the most surprising thing you learned about Asia while working here?
Many Asian languages, including Mandarin Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese, are tonal languages. In tonal languages, the pitch or intonation used when pronouncing a word can change its meaning.
Favorite book or a book that changed your mindset and why it did?
I haven’t found a book that I’m particularly passionate about yet, but I’m open to recommendations. Recently, I’ve been exploring books related to the exploration of the universe, and I’m curious if you have any suggestions.
Your most extreme experience so far in your life/biggest challenge in your life?
2020 – the year of the COVID-19 pandemic. It taught me how to adjust my mentality. I always believed that everything would be fine.
Your top 3 goals in professional life for the next 10 years
- Continuously acquire updated professional skills
- Enhance proficiency in acquiring network intelligence
- Obtain several professional certifications