Japanese Resource Manager
1-StopAsia is a global company that focuses in translating documents in various Asian languages (ex. Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese etc.) We are a big international team working with many people from different countries and located in many different places.
The Resource Manager’s (RM) manages the linguists of their assigned language team (for this position, Japanese linguists) and provides needed information and recommendation to other managing teams regarding the JA linguist to help proceed with ongoing and upcoming translation projects. This role will give you unique opportunity to work in the translation business and grow various managing skill through working with supportive and enthusiastic international coworkers.
Task and skills
- Recruiting and hiring Japanese Linguists by:
- Creating Job descriptions & posting on recruiting sites
- Evaluating recruitment sample tests
- Registering new linguists to our internal system
- Updating linguist’s information to the internal system when needed
- Managing Inhouse Linguist’s schedule and workload:
- Assigning daily translation jobs to linguists
- Assigning internal tasks to Inhouse linguistic team (checking sample test, creating feedback reports etc.)
- Recommending linguists for upcoming jobs/projects to coworkers
- Training new Inhouse linguist
- Discussing and investigating with Language Leader and deciding together on linguist’s quality level and workload they receive.
- Giving assistance and sharing training materials to linguists
- Attending meetings and creating reports with the internal team and sometimes client
- Creating Contracts and proposing to Inhouse linguists
- Constant communication with co-workers and linguists
- Native Japanese speaker/writer (If not Japanese national, must pass N1 level and show proof)
- Fluent English speaker/writer
- At least Associate degree
- Work experience more than 2 years.
- Computer skills:
- Excel /Google sheet
- Email communication (responding Japanese Business emails)